Centre for Drug Discovery Development and Production is currently engaged in several researches to develop medicines that meet the needs of Africans. Some of them are:
- Antifungal cream from stem bark of Picralima nitida – a phytomedicine with the use of tissue culture technology
- Clinically useful Artemisinin-Lumefantrine and Quinine suppositories for antimalarial treatment in paediatrics.
- Pilot manufacture of ACTs (Artesunate-Amodiaquine, and Artesunate-Piperaquine) from synthesis of the active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) to full product (tablet) under current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Manufacture of Hand Sanitizers
- Manufacture of a Tonic for anaemia.