Consultancy Services & Quality Assurance
The following consultancy services are offered by the Centre:
- Quality assurance of drugs: our expertise in drug analysis, routine analysis of drug, food and cosmetic products in circulation within the country and in the West African sub-region
- Bioequivalence studies for generic medicines under strict regulatory guidelines
- Toxicological and safety studies for orthodox and Phytomedicines
- Development and manufacture of herbal medicines
- Hands-on training on SOPs, drug analysis etc.
- Other related services.
The Centre in collaboration with local and international experts and consultants, runs certificate courses, workshops and conferences covering Good Pharmaceutical Practices (GxP) and strict medicine regulation including Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Regulatory Practice (GRP), Good Distribution Practice (GDP), Good Warehousing Practice (GWP), Good Packaging Practice (GPP), Good Biosecurity Practice (GBP), Understanding Bioequivalence, Achieving cGMP, WHO Prequalification Requirements, Validation, Qualification, Quality Management Systems (QMS), Biostatistics and Trial design. Other areas of training with hands-on practical exposure include Pharmacoeconomics and other areas of interest to manufacturers and regulators.