Postgraduate Diploma in Drug Discovery
The Postgraduate Diploma in Drug Discovery (PDDD) is the diploma version of the Industrial Pharmacy Advanced Training (IPAT) certificate course run by the Kilimanjaro School of Pharmacy (KSP), Tanzania and Purdue University, USA. The programme which serves to cover the West African region and others is run in collaboration with KSP Tanzania, Purdue University, and Howard University, USA. The program gives professionals with a background in pharmacy or related sciences the opportunity to specialise in Drug Development, Industrial and Regulatory Pharmacy. The program consists of 4 two-week contact semesters, taught by experienced teachers from Purdue University and Howard University, USA; KSP Tanzania, University of Ibadan and other international experts. This professional qualification is a unique opportunity for employees in the private sector and public institutions in Africa to gain expertise in pharmaceutical manufacturing, medicine regulation and drug development in general according to International Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and guidelines. The course aims at building capacity for Africa to manufacture and regulate her own medicines.
Some of the courses to be taught include:
- Fundamentals of Drug Discovery
- Drug Development, Regulatory and Quality Compliance
- Drug Manufacturing Processes
- Regulatory Documents and Generic Drug Approval Submissions.
- Basics of Clinical Trials and Bioethics in Drug Development
The Postgraduate Diploma in Drug Development (PDDD) would be a valuable asset in recruitment and promotion within the pharmaceutical industry, health institutions, and government. The Programme is designed to enhance the capabilities of current and would-be personnel whose vocation lies in drug manufacture, clinical, regulatory, scientific, informational, pharmacoeconomic, and managerial areas of the pharmaceutical industry, health institutions, government, and academia.
Candidates for admission for the Postgraduate Diploma in Drug Development (PDDD) must fulfill the requirements of the Postgraduate School of the University of Ibadan as well as meet the requirements specified below and any other conditions that may be required by the University of Ibadan Postgraduate School from time to time.
- A first degree (minimum of a third class) in Pharmacy, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Botany, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Physiology, Anatomy, Agriculture/Forestry, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Food Technology, Zoology and other acceptable science related disciplines of the University of Ibadan or any other recognized university.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) (at least Lower Credit) in acceptable science-based subjects.
- Candidates must also satisfy the O’ level requirements for their respective degree and diploma programmes in accordance with the University of Ibadan regulations.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Candidates are required to sit for an English Proficiency Examination organised by the Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan. OR
- Graduate Records Exam scores submitted to the Postgraduate School.
Application & Registration
Interested candidates are hereby invited to visit the University of Ibadan, Postgraduate School website.http://pgschool.ui.edu.ng/ for the application
Non-Nigerian applicants within and outside Nigeria should obtain an invoice from the Postgraduate School website and would be expected to pay into the international account of the PG School specified on the invoice