The Centre for Drug Discovery Development and Production (CDDDP), University of Ibadan – a Regional Centre of Regulatory Excellence (RCOREs) in Africa wishes to announce the Master’s degree programme in Drug Development and Regulatory Pharmacy (MDDRP). The MDDRP is a part-time Master’s programme run by the Kilimanjaro School of Pharmacy (KSP), Tanzania and Purdue University, USA. The Programme gives professionals with a background in pharmacy or related sciences the opportunity to specialise in Industrial and regulatory pharmacy. The programme consists of a 5 two-week contact semesters, taught by experienced teachers from Purdue University and Howard University, USA; KSP Tanzania, University of Ibadan and other international experts. This is a unique opportunity for employees in the private sector and in public institutions in Africa to gain expertise in pharmaceutical manufacturing, medicine regulation and drug development in general according to International Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and guidelines. The course aims at building capacity for Africa to manufacture and regulate her own medicines.
Some of the courses to be taught include:
- Quality Management, Audits and Inspections in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Pharmaceutical Solids
- Development and Registration of Medical Devices and Diagnostic Tests
- Food and Drug Laws
- Intellectual Property Law in Drug Development
- Good Regulatory Practices in Drug Development
- Molecular Basis of Drug Manufacturing
- Documentation in Drug Development
- Post-marketing Development of Medicines
- Research and Development in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Biostatistics In Medicine Development
- Biopharmaceutical and Bioequivalence Methods for Abbreviated New Drug Application
- Advanced Clinical Trials & Bioethics in Drug Development
The Masters in Drug Development and Regulatory Pharmacy (MDDRP) would be a valuable asset in recruitment and promotion within the pharmaceutical industry, health institutions and government. The Programme is designed to enhance the capabilities of current and would-be personnel whose vocation lies in drug manufacture, clinical, regulatory, scientific, informational, pharamacoeconomic and managerial areas of the pharmaceutical industry, health institutions, government and academia.
Candidates for admission into the Master’s degree in Drug Development and Regulatory Pharmacy (MDDRP) must fulfill the requirements of the Postgraduate School of the University of Ibadan as well as meet the requirements specified below and any other conditions that may be required by the University of Ibadan Postgraduate School from time to time.
- A first degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower) in Pharmacy, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Botany, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Physiology, Anatomy, Agriculture/Forestry, Agric. Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Food Technology, Zoology and other acceptable science related disciplines of the University of Ibadan or other recognised universities are eligible to apply. Work experience in pharmaceutical industry or medicine regulatory agency is an added advantage.
- Candidates must also satisfy the O’ level requirements for their respective degree programmes in accordance to University of Ibadan regulations.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Candidates are required to sit for an English Proficiency Examination organised by the Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan. OR
- Graduate Records Exam (GRE) scores submitted to the Postgraduate School.
Application and Registration
Interested candidates are hereby invited to visit the University of Ibadan, Postgraduate School website for the application
For further enquiries, please call the Associate Programme Officer on +2348064383115 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Nigerian applicants within and outside Nigeria should obtain an invoice from the Postgraduate School website and would be expected to pay into the international account of the PG School specified on the invoice.
WHAT THE STUDENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE CENTRE’S TRAINING
“It’s a program unlike any other in Nigeria that is designed to enlighten people from various science backgrounds, to see the opportunities in discovering and manufacturing drugs for the ever growing African population”
“This course succinctly addresses the development of requisite skill and manpower to achieve local development and manufacture of drugs for the African continent by Africans. The PDDD course affords deeply personalized and interactive tutoring by seasoned and experienced professionals, in addition to tailored sessions which suit the working class individuals. A combination of these features makes my participation in this course a very worthwhile investment of time and resources (and I definitely recommend the course to anyone with a passion for change in the drug development landscape in Nigeria and the African continent as a whole)”.
-Pharm. Yvonne Biu,
Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals Plc.
The MDDRP is an executive part-time programme a two weeks contact sessions per semester instead of the normal 13-15 week regular calendar. There will be two semesters in every session or year. This means that you can keep your job while you study. The programme will run for five semesters.
Students undergoing the training will no longer have to travel to Kilimanjaro School of Pharmacy (KSP), Tanzania twice every year and will receive the same quality of training from international trainers from Purdue University USA, and KSP which both run similar programmes.
The MDDRP, presents a down to earth hands on practical sessions, incorporating drug development and medicine regulation.
The programme will not be affected by the strikes/ industrial action by the university staff Unions